Monday, November 11, 2013

Children are Insane

Just a sweet, sweet spaghetti shower

I read this article on Buzzfeed a while back, "26 Reasons Kids Are Pretty Much Just Tiny Drunk Adults."

I lack the knowledge of what it's like being around large groups of truly drunk adults. But I'd imagine this is accurate. This is Buzzfeed we're talking about after all.

For real though, the youths (as I like to call them) are totally nuts. Any human being from the age of 1 second to .... roughly my own age are all crazy people. I have some reasoning for this, so stick with me.

1. They do these things that are totally normal in their own minds but make generally no sense at all. I once heard of some crazy kid who thought it would be really cool to go to school as a "monkey trainer" for Halloween -- in 8th grade. How is that a cool thing to do?

2. They will learn things when they want to and no one is going to tell them otherwise! You can't force a kid to figure out that a square block goes into a square hole. No. They will try their darndest to shove that sucker into the round hole until they become outraged that it won't work. Every time I see this I just want to say, "Look! Does this shape look anything at all like the other shape?! No!"

3. Every idea is awesome and should be treated as such. Mmmmmm, nope. Not true. Adults have the good sense (usually) to recognize when an idea is complete garbage and should not be followed through with. Toddlers, kids, and teens? They are truly brilliant and can't pass up a good plan. How is it a good idea to put a pair of scissors in your Spanish teacher's chair so that when he sits down it becomes a really, Really, REALLY unpleasant experience. The logic here is truly amazing.

I totally can't wait until I have some insane children of my own. Knowing me, they are going to constantly be up to either horrifying or nonsensical tasks. Oh, the future is looking bright.

So I like watching kids play at the park. Sue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment