Sunday, November 10, 2013

H-h-h-h-halloween

I don't know why, but I always think words sound cooler when you kind of stutter over the first sound. It gives it a rapper feel, in my opinion.

Anyway!

My costume this year was AMAZING. Real life, I put so much searching and time into this sucker. I knew that if I was going to be this, it would have to be well executed. Yeah, I think I pulled it off.

Three trips to DI, three random thrift stores, failure at K-Mart, and one Target trip later, this is what we had:

Photo Credit to Brittney Thompson :)

Yes, I was an old man for Halloween. I have to say, this was probably one of my best costumes ever. And I thoroughly enjoyed getting in to character. I spent the better part of the day slowly walking up to people and saying things like, "Hey sweet cheeks, you look like my next nurse" and "I'll give you a quarter to rub my feet." I like to think that people appreciated it.

I have to say though, acting old actually gave me a lot to think about. I didn't want to be an old man in a disrespectful way because I really love my grandparents. A lot of my childhood memories would not be the same without them. They were all so sweet and great to be around.

But I thought about who I wanted to be when I got older. Pretty much, I just want to be awesome. No matter what type of old person I am, I want people to look at me and think, "Wow, that old lady is so much cooler than I could ever be."

If this comes through owning six cats, so be it. If it's because I'm really grouchy and sit on my porch and throw stuff at people, that's terrific. If it's from having a giant carpet bag filled with candy and wearing a muumuu everyday, all the better.

Regardless of who I become, I want to be a person that I like and who other people can appreciate. But, it would be really cool to frighten a few children along the way.

1 comment: